I'm building a boat to a design by Paul Fisher of Selway Fisher Design in the UK. The design is called "Able" and her vital statistics are: overall length 4.88m (16ft), beam 2m (6ft 6in) and design weight is 360kg (790lbs). You can read more about this design at http://www.selway-fisher.com/OtherDB.htm#KANE.

I intend to procede more slowly with this boat than I did with either of my other boat building projects (see links below on the right). This is, after all, a hobby and there are other things to do. So, updates to this blog might happen once every week or two. Come back and see.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email

Saturday 19 April 2014

Gone Travelling!

I wanted to finish building the boat and go sailing before I headed off on an extended trip to the UK. Much as I would like to stay and go sailing the boat is packed away until I return later this year. At least I know the boat is as finished as they ever are and that I could not be happier with the result of about 1000 hours work spread over a period of almost two years. Well almost two years minus 4 or 5 months of assorted travel inside and outside Australia.

Two more sleeps and then off I go to the airport.

No comments: