I'm building a boat to a design by Paul Fisher of Selway Fisher Design in the UK. The design is called "Able" and her vital statistics are: overall length 4.88m (16ft), beam 2m (6ft 6in) and design weight is 360kg (790lbs). You can read more about this design at http://www.selway-fisher.com/OtherDB.htm#KANE.

I intend to procede more slowly with this boat than I did with either of my other boat building projects (see links below on the right). This is, after all, a hobby and there are other things to do. So, updates to this blog might happen once every week or two. Come back and see.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email

Friday 21 March 2014

She Sails

Had a great 5 days at Lake Wivenhoe with some members of the Wooden Boat Association. The lake has a surface area of 109 square kilometres and a shoreline of 462 kilometres so it is big enough for serious sailing. Here are a couple of frames from some video taken by one of the other members. When the video arrives I will put some/all of it on the web.



Still a few things to sort out but I am very happy with my new boat!

No comments: