I'm building a boat to a design by Paul Fisher of Selway Fisher Design in the UK. The design is called "Able" and her vital statistics are: overall length 4.88m (16ft), beam 2m (6ft 6in) and design weight is 360kg (790lbs). You can read more about this design at http://www.selway-fisher.com/OtherDB.htm#KANE.

I intend to procede more slowly with this boat than I did with either of my other boat building projects (see links below on the right). This is, after all, a hobby and there are other things to do. So, updates to this blog might happen once every week or two. Come back and see.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email

Friday 19 April 2013

Two Weeks Break!

I'm writing this in the middle of a two week break from boatbuilding. Last week I went sailing with a group of guys from the Wooden Boat Association and had a great time. Tomorrow I'm off to Perth for a week visiting relatives and a friend.

The last thing I did on the boat was to make a template for the foredeck. It is made up off strips of scrap ply fixed together with hot melt glue. It is strong enough to withstand the pulling and pushing to get it off and on over the samson post. It remains to be seen whether the 9mm ply deck will be flexible enough to put into place. Here is a photo of the finished template.


As it stands the interior of the boat is almost complete up to the level of the seat tops. There are 3 pieces of timber to glue in place, some cleanup to do and a lot of epoxy fillets to put in/ Once that is done I will start painting the inside of the various compartments before putting the tops on. Here are 3 photos of the interior.



No comments: