I'm building a boat to a design by Paul Fisher of Selway Fisher Design in the UK. The design is called "Able" and her vital statistics are: overall length 4.88m (16ft), beam 2m (6ft 6in) and design weight is 360kg (790lbs). You can read more about this design at http://www.selway-fisher.com/OtherDB.htm#KANE.

I intend to procede more slowly with this boat than I did with either of my other boat building projects (see links below on the right). This is, after all, a hobby and there are other things to do. So, updates to this blog might happen once every week or two. Come back and see.

If you would like to contact me please Click to Send me Email

Tuesday 11 September 2012

4th Pair of Planks

Added the second of the 4th pair of planks this morning. This means that half the planking is done! Here are some photos; first is the plank I glued on yesterday morning.


Next, this is the plank I glued this morning. There are about 40 of those plywood "hairpin and wedge" clamps, one every 100 to 125 mm.


A view from the aft quarter. It is hard to get a good picture from inside the shed. I need a bigger shed before the next boat!


And from in front. I don't understand the cause of the "haloes" except that the sun was shining towards the camera from my right.

No comments: